February is for Love

6:21 PM


When I think of February I think of love. 
It did not start out with romantic love but the love of a Grandmother whose maiden name was 
Valentine

She was love and grace and I adored her. She called me mija and always cried when she said goodbye.  One day as I was helping her clean out a closet she found a small gold plated ring on the floor hidden under dust. It must have been there for years. She cleaned it off at the kitchen table then handed it to me and said "you are good and faithful and someday God will bless you".  She spoke on about meeting the right person and how it would happen at the right time. And just like that the ring became a promise of love. There were times I doubted that love would ever find me but I wore that ring and I hoped it would. 

My grandmother passed away before I met my husband but she would have loved him and she would have loved how he loves me. He proposed in February of 2014 and that small ring found in the dust of a closet floor was replaced with a different ring. Hope was now reality and a promise was now a blessing. 

Oh, did I mention that we were engaged on Valentines Day? My heart still feels like it is exploding with all the love.


Photo by the lovely Lehua Noelle. See more of her work here .

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Such a sweet memory of your grandmother's prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete